Monday, April 8, 2019

The Big 13


It's hard to believe that I've been in the classroom for 13 weeks! It's crazy how fast time flies when you are having fun with students! This week was STRESSFUL more so because it was the end of the marking periods. Students were scrambling around trying to submit homework and I have to track students down for any missing assignments! Even with all the stress, we were able to make it through!  One thing I am really bad at is reminding students to turn in assignments and I would assume if I said it one then they should know.  In high school, we were given planners and told us to write our due dates down because the teachers weren't going to repeat the dates. A nice tip I received was to add a reminder slide to help students and also me when assignments are due.

A goal of mine was to include more activity in the classroom and stay away from notes for a little bit.
I was able to do this in most of the classes last week. In large animal science, students were in charge of creating a reproductive technology presentation. Students seemed to have a lot of fun with this too!  In horticulture, our topic for this week was asexual propagation with Twizzlers and pretzels. Students performed grafting and air layering with the treats and they had a blast! This was a very creative lesson and I would love to bring in move creativity but sometimes struggle to come up with activities. More forward I really want to focus on being a facilitator of learner!

Teachers, what great sources have you used to bring more creativity in the classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment