Friday, April 19, 2019

Visiting Greenwood!

In early April I had the opportunity to visit Greenwood High School with Mr. Ruppert! For us student teachers this is a great opportunity to see our cohort members teach in action! I was able to observe four of Ryan's classes; Animal Science, Natural Resources, Food Science, and Agricultural leadership class! The first few periods consisted of students working on projects and passing back assignment. Ryan was in the same situation as I was with it being the end of the marking period, so the period consisted of checking in with students and updating their grades as they pass in assignments.

In his Animal Science class, I noticed digestive systems of chickens! I recently did this with my students! The only difference I saw was my student's used recycled goods or trash for their digestive parts! It was cool to see a similar project but done in different ways!

Some differences I notice I noticed when comparing Pequea and Greenwood is the use of technology. For what I observe most of his classes didn't have a powerpoint with them. It was a lot of hands-on and verbal explanation of directions. At Pequea I always some sort of technology whether that is with a lecture or having directions on the board. His teaching technique seemed more so of a chalkboard and paper type of teaching where I am more likely to integrate technology.

Overall it was a great experience at Greenwood and Mr. Rupport is thriving in student teaching! I am excited about what the future has to offer Ryan as a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment